In my previous blog we took a look at crafting a killer offer for your business. This week we will be working on getting eyes on that offer, using a Lead Generation Magnet. So let’s jump right in and talk about…
THE PURPOSES OF YOUR LEAD GENERATION MAGNET (LGM)
Here is a quick list of the reasons that make having a LGM so valuable:
- It attracts response from exactly the right prospects
- It boosts the response to all of your advertising
- It gets prospects to willingly give you complete contact information when they respond to ads, mail, visit websites, etc
- When it arrives, it immediately sets you and your business apart by looks alone
- With a catchy, benefit-oriented title, it heightens interest in what you have to say
- It positions you as an EXPERT, not just another salesman hawking a product
- It creates the opportunity for you to sell in a vacuum – where the sole focus is on ONLY the information you provide
- It can establish credibility with supporting evidence, testimonials, and useful information
- It sets the “buying criteria” in the mind of the prospect… and points to YOU as being the very best possible alternative.
- It sets up the NEXT step in the marketing process by explicitly telling the prospect the action they need to take next.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF LEAD GENERATION MAGNETS
You have got a lot of options when it comes to creating an LGM. Here is just a few:
- Free report (Hard copy sent through the post)
- Free report (Downloadable PDF)
- Series of online videos
- Downloadable MP3
- A book
- An e-book
- A teleseminar
- A webinar
- A seminar
- Combination of the above
- What to Put Into Your Lead Generation Magnet
First off, give your prospects something of not only real value, but of extreme value. Something they look at and say, “Oh my god, I would have bought this!”
Something that they look at and say, “if he is giving away this information for free, can you imagine what is in his course?”
ABG: Always Be Giving
Yes, always be selling, but also always be giving value—always give real value.
When you do that it has a viral effect. You get something of great value, and you tell your friend about it.
You say, “hey, you have to go to this guy’s website. You won’t believe what he’s doing over here— what he is giving away”.
Also, the prospect trusts you because what are they thinking?
They are thinking “this information is going to be garbage. I am not going to get anything of real value”. Then, when you actually get something of real value, you are blown away.
Then they feel good about you, and they trust you, and they like you. And people who trust you and like you tend to buy more from you.
So make sure that you include useful and interesting information that does offer solutions to the key problems you have identified exist for the prospect.
By doing so you position yourself as an expert with credibility in the areas the prospect is most interested in.
Have Gee mein Gee!
Ashish “Blowing Away Prospects” Pawar
P.S.: I am giving you an opportunity to have me create your very own lead generation machine for you… the Ashish Pawar way… from start to end and hand it to you tied up in a pretty bow ready to use. Hop in here:
is a direct response marketing strategist, helping people in just about every category of business turn their ideas into fortunes. Ashish’s approach is simple and refreshing and enriches those who act on his advice. If you want Ashish to personally design your marketing funnel that brings in more money, click here